machine vision systems require expertise in three main areas:
Crave Technical’s engineers provide expertise in all three. We will analyze your application requirements and then recommend the specific vision components and system that will meets your needs and budget.
Crave Technical has successfully deployed systems for over 8 years into applications for smart phones, diabetes test strips, orthopedic trauma devices and automotive parts, among others. We can tailor a vision solution to meet the specific requirements laid out by CFR 820 including development and execution protocols.
#1 is capturing an accurate image of your
object(s) to feed the Machine Vision Software.
Camera/Lens, Lights Selection
- Area vs Line
- Monochrome or Color
- Sensor Types: CMOS vs CCD
- Shutter Techniques: Global vs Rolling
- Frame Rates: FPS
- Line Rate
- Resolution: Pixels/line
- Interface: Link between Camera and PC
- Mounting • Image Circle Diameter
- Lighting: Ring, Bar, Backlight, custom
#2 Utilize the latest in Machine Vision software to facilitate rapid development of vision applications, supports a wide variety of cameras and operating systems, offers a library of 1,000’s of applications, and is recognized as a world leader in as a standard for machine vision applications.
Machine Vision Software
- MVTec HALCON is the comprehensive standard software for machine vision with an integrated development environment (IDE) that is used worldwide.
- HALCON’s flexible architecture facilitates rapid development of machine vision, medical imaging, and image analysis applications.
- HALCON provides outstanding performance and a comprehensive support of multi-core platforms and special instructions sets like AVX2, as well as GPU acceleration.
- Serves all industries, with a library used in tens of thousands of applications in all areas of imaging like blob analysis, morphology, matching, measuring, identification, and 3D vision.
- HALCON supports Windows, Linux, and OS X. The full library can be accessed from common programming languages like C, C++, and .NET languages like C# or VB.NET.
- HALCON interfaces include standards like GenICam, GigE Vision, and USB3 Vision.
- MERLIC is an all-in-one software product for quickly building machine vision applications without programming and combines reliable, fast performance with ease of use.
Crandall Engineering is an authorized distributor for MVTec, including HALCON and MERLIC advanced vision software. Please contact us for further information, product pricing, demonstrations and free evaluations.
#3 An integrated Industrial PC/PLC is critical to provide the computing power and industrial PLC capabilities that Machine Vision Applications demand today.
The CRAVE TeCHNICAL AUTOBOX 1000/2000 is your answer in a versatile and pwerful pc/plc, i/o capable controller for your vision application
- Crave Technical ‘Integrated Automation’ software license provides interface between HALCON and PC/PLC for the ultimate in camera/lighting interface capability.
- Industrial Beckhoff PC/PLC with Intel i3 processor, 16GB RAM and 60GB SSD memory
- EtherCAT Master or Slave with onboard Beckhoff TwinCAT PLC • Rugged IP40 Industrial enclosure with 100..240VAC power requirements.
- Communicate with up to 3 GigE and 2 USB3 cameras (more possible with optional switch up to bandwidth limitations).
- 4 digital inputs and 4 digital outputs, expandable to any type of I/O. Optionally add on-board servo or stepper drives and safety controller.
- On site training up to 24 hours of onsite HALCON training and 6 hours of customized application programming support.